Anxious to get growing, but don’t know where to start? This book will show you how.
In her signature warm and beginner friendly style, YouTube garden expert CaliKim makes starting your very first raised bed gardening easy and fun. With simple, clear, and inspiring instructions, you’ll go from bare ground to a new, productive food garden in no time flat.
Easy to follow, with step-by-step project plans and color photos, The First-Time Gardener: Raised Bed Gardening breaks it all down to basics in a way that won’t leave you feeling overwhelmed.
Inside the pages you’ll discover:
- How to select the ideal raised bed style for your space
- Which raised bed materials to use
- DIY plans for building quick-and-simple beds
- The best soil mixes for filling raised beds
- Illustrated planting plans to help you determine how much to plant
- How to mulch, water, and fertilize your new raised beds
- DIY trellising systems to save space and make harvesting easier
- The best crops for beginners to start growing today
Don’t let inexperience or fear keep you from getting started. With CaliKim at your side cheering you on, growing your own fresh, organic vegetables is easier than you think.