- Replace Peat Moss/Coco Coir and more with PittMoss GrowerGrade- Add to Potting Soil, Compost or Favorite Mix.
- Unlike Any Soil Amendment Available. Made from organic, recycled natural materials.
- Patented engineered fibers increase water and nutrient retention in the soil, reduce water-logging.
- Increases aeration and the ability of the soil to “breathe”, while reducing run-off and extending time between watering.
- Encourages vigorous biological growth in the soil and on plant roots. Plants love to grow in PittMoss!
- Each 30L of GrowerGrade saves roughly 2,116 lbs of carbon.
- Developed and routinely tested by leading soil scientists.
- 100% Peat-Free.
- OMRI listed for organic gardening.
- Carbon-rich soil amendment to encourage a living soil environment and support regenerative agriculture.
- Lightweight material easy to carry around
- Lots of air space to aerate existing mixes and encourage root growth
- Reduce your resources with better water absorption, wicking and decreased runoff
- PittMoss fibers are manufactured 100% in the USA – supporting green manufacturing
A peat-free organic soil conditioner and amendment
A revolutionary organic soil conditioner and amendment made from upcycled, organic paper fibers. GrowerGrade is OMRI listed for organic growing and is the best soil for sustainably minded, and organic gardeners. This growing media is lightweight, and significantly less dusty than traditional soil mediums. GrowerGrade is also the cleanest, most consistent soil on the market, with no pathogens, weed seeds or other heavy metals and harmful ingredients and every batch is tested to ensure quality and optimal performance. PittMoss GrowerGrade is a soilless growing substrate that also requires significantly less water and applied fertilizer because of its ability to retain and better manage applied resources, evenly distributing them throughout the porous particles to be more available to the plant’s roots. PittMoss GrowerGrade is the best soil conditioner with high amounts of readily available carbon, perfect for creating a living soil environment that is chalk-full of soil biology! It is a wonderful and eco-friendly soil amendment that replaces sphagnum peat moss, perlite and vermiculite for gardeners looking to blend their own mix, or to improve soil conditions. PittMoss GrowerGrade is a great option for improving and establishing lawns, planting trees and shrubs, and replacing peat in potting soil blends. When used as a peat substitute for potting soils, PittMoss recommends using at least 30% – 50% GrowerGrade with a blend of compost and other amendments.
How it’s Made: It is made from PittMoss’s proprietary and revolutionary recycled paper fiber. PittMoss engineers this fiber to have incredible properties that allows plants to grow big and strong, even under stressful conditions. This revolutionary product is the most sustainable and high-performing growing media on the market made 100% in the United Sates. PittMoss sources all paper ingredients from local recycling facilities and hand sorts each batch to ensure zero contaminants. Each batch is hand sorted and processed in Ambridge, PA using PittMoss’s custom and patent-pending machinery. PittMoss conducts extensive testing on each batch, and proudly shares information on heavy metals and more with the public via our blog and published research, and as requested.